Are you searching for help with your Starwood timeshare cancellation? Well, then, you’ve come to the right place. Unfortunately, numerous owners are worn out from their Starwood Vacation Ownership.
Some say they’ve even felt cheated, forced, or had no clue what they’ve signed up for. In addition, like you, they need a way out. As time passes, being a timeshare owner may not be economical for you and your family. Furthermore, we can’t neglect how expenses will continue to rise.
And if you’ve yet to read your Starwood Timeshare Cancellation Policy, what you find may surprise you, and the next thing you will do is look for options to get rid of your Starwood Timeshare. We have got your back and enlisted some options for you below:
- Contact Starwood Vacations Resort and negotiate your way out of a timeshare.
- Check your timeshare contract to see if you can still exercise your right of rescission.
- Try and sell your timeshare to another party or a timeshare company.
- Transfer your timeshare to another company.
- Hire a timeshare exit company to make the process easy for you.
- Get legal help if needed.
So, suppose you felt deceived or sold something not valuable to you or your family. In that case, we recommend you initiate a Live Chat or fill out the free informational form on the right with us immediately! Our team can evaluate your case and decide the best accessible choice for you to exit your contract.
Starwood Vacation Ownership
For those familiar with Starwood Vacation Ownership, it goes back to 1969 when it operated as the Starwood Hotels and Resorts. Here are some facts about them:
- Officially made by the real estate venture company Starwood Capital, it was referred to as Starwood Lodging at the time.
- At first, they owned a few hotels in North America, but they were under various brand names. Westin Hotel Company was bought in 1994 from Aoki Corporation of Japan. They gained the Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton, and the Luxury Collection brands from ITT Sheraton in 1998.
- 1999 is when Starwood launched its “W” Hotels brand. Starwood then revealed the creation of Aloft, a new brand based on the W. This was a somewhat essential year since CEO Barry Sternlicht stepped down in 2004 to be prevailed by Steven J. Heyer. Mr. Sternlicht was not very fond of Heyer’s management style.
- And as tension proceeded for the next 10 years. Starwood Hotels and Resorts saw a change in management a few times more. It wasn’t until November 2015 when Marriott International bought Starwood for an astounding $12.2 billion. Up to this day, they are the owners of Starwood Vacation Ownership.
How to Get Rid of Starwood Timeshare
Starwood Timeshare is a vacation ownership that people access to more than 800 Sheraton and Westin resorts worldwide.
Members are likewise granted permission to Starwood’s select Harborside Resort in Atlantis. In addition, Starwood timeshare owners are each given Stereopticons points that can be used for travel to any of the resorts inside the network.
If you are a Starwood timeshare owner searching to get rid of Starwood timeshare, you’ve come to the right place. We can offer helpful tips on the most ideal way to complete a Starwood timeshare cancellation.
- You have a couple of options for getting rid of Starwood timeshare. In particular, if you recently bought your timeshare, you must look at your state’s timeshare rescission period. T
- his is upheld by a government law that permits new timeshare owners to cancel their contracts for a full refund, with no exceptions.
- You should have been given more data concerning the most proficient method to check the rescission period in your timeshare contract.
- However, as our team read several Starwood Timeshare complaints, multiple new owners still need to be given this information. Though we cannot confirm the legitimacy of these statements, we still recommend you always contact your timeshare developer first!
- Recall you legitimately have the right to get this information. So, stand your ground if you believe you are being given the round around. And be firm with your requests.
How to Sell Starwood Vacation Ownership
If you are presently past your state’s rescission period, selling Starwood Vacation Ownership online might be an option. This tends to be a popular first choice for many owners who want out of their timeshares. However, our team thinks you should know a couple of things first.
- For the most part, timeshares don’t hold their value and tend to be hard to sell. Just by doing a fast search on Google or eBay for timeshares, you’ll find several timeshares listed for as low as $1.
- If somebody told you your timeshare was like real estate or a “great investment,” they lied. Pretty much every timeshare depreciates once purchased. Like cars, we’ve seen timeshares drop by more than half its original value. This has led various timeshare owners astray.
- As a result of timeshare resale scams, several owners have yet to find a buyer. Maintenance fees are proceeding to stack up, and resale costs for posting their timeshares on the web can turn into a horrible nightmare! This has caused what we know as “timeshare resale scams.”
- Scammers regularly feed timeshare owners lies with “buyers” who are “ready to buy now”. Never pay anybody up-front fees. To look further into timeshare resale scams, click here.
- You can also call your timeshare developer to check whether they have programs to assist you with your Starwood timeshare cancellation. However, numerous timeshare organisations don’t promptly offer such assistance. For what reason would they when you are bringing in cash for them?
Continuing down this road can be debilitating. Be ready for representatives who will try to upsell you, pressure you to upgrade, or stall when answering your questions.
Timeshare Exit Companies and Escrow
Selling Starwood Vacation Ownership can be difficult. Besides, we understand your rescission period is a time-sensitive task. Anybody could miss it if no one uncovered this to you. So, what do you do now?
- The best way to eliminate the Starwood timeshare may be to work with a timeshare exit company. It can’t be just any timeshare exit company, either!
- We only recommend companies that use licensed attorneys to assist you with cancelling your timeshare.
- However, don’t let your guard down just yet. This industry is overflowing with scammers who will promise you a complete Starwood timeshare cancellation and request up-front fees yet may never truly get you out of your timeshare.
- We recommend working with timeshare exit companies that offer only escrow payment options. That way, you can avoid paying any up-front fees!
- Cancelling with an escrow payment option means expenses are paid to 3rd party escrow account instead of the timeshare exit company itself. Find out about escrow and why it’s significant here.
How is Escrow Beneficial?
Escrow is advantageous for timeshare cancellation since it provides an encrypted and fair method for all parties involved:
- An escrow agent serves as a neutral mediator to ensure a fair transaction.
- Payments will remain in escrow until the cancellation procedure is completed, lowering the possibility of fraud or disputes.
- Escrow agents check the essential documentation to ensure that the cancellation is legitimate.
- Escrow facilitates the cancellation process by preventing delays and unanticipated barriers.
- Buyers may be certain that their money is secure until the timeshare is lawfully terminated.
- Sellers are certain that the buyer has the finances necessary for the cancellation.
- If any problems emerge throughout the cancellation process, the escrow agent may negotiate and find a reasonable solution.
- The escrow method allows both parties to monitor the cancellation’s status.
- Escrow adds trust and confidence to the timeshare cancellation process, minimising anxiety and ambiguity.
- Ensures that all legal criteria are followed during the timeshare withdrawal process, shielding both parties from legal consequences.
Our team was once in your shoes. We understand the struggle of paying continuous maintenance fees that increase each year. With ridiculously high interest rates, we realised timeshares could be more valuable. And a Starwood timeshare is no exception. With numerous timeshare scams and complaints reported each year to the FTC, it’s no wonder many owners want to eliminate timeshare. The good news is you do have options.
We started this review site to increase your awareness when dealing with timeshare developers and timeshare exit companies. When it comes to the timeshare industry, unfortunately, you must prepare for the worst. Too many scams are reported every year. This is why we only recommend timeshare exit companies that have no up-front fees and offer an escrow payment option so you stay protected.
Read over our website and fill out the form on the right, or contact us through Live Chat for a free personalised exit consultation. Our team will help connect you with a timeshare exit company with no up-front fees until your timeshare contract is cancelled. There are hundreds of timeshares scams every year. Protect yourself from becoming another victim! Click here to begin.