Were you a victim of a Manhattan Club timeshare scam? Were you excited about owning a timeshare in the heart of Manhattan? You’re not alone.
Just like you, hundreds of owners are desperate to learn how to cancel Manhattan Club Timeshares. Don’t worry; you can take a deep breath. There are alternatives to how you can get rid of your timeshare. And anyone interested in owning a timeshare, listen closely. What we are about to say could shock you.
- Look for the Manhattan Club timeshare cancellation policy to see if you qualify.
- Try and sell your Manhattan Club timeshare.
- Transfer your Manhattan Club timeshare to another company.
- Contact the Manhattan Club directly and request them to take your timeshare back.
- Hire a legitimate timeshare exit company to exit the timeshare.
If you’re looking for an honest and detailed review on cancelling Manhattan Club timeshares, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll help you determine the best option ideal for your timeshare situation! So don’t go on wondering if you could have acted sooner. Let this be the year you finally decided to regain control of your life. Fill out the form on the right or initiate a Live Chat with us to help you find the right solution for your timeshare situation.
Manhattan Club Timeshare Cancellation Policy
If you recently purchased a Manhattan Club timeshare, you legally have the right to exit your contract. Keep reading below to see how.
- An average rescission period can last 14 days or sometimes even 3 days. It all depends on the state rescission laws you purchased your timeshare in.
- The rescission law applies to all timeshare owners under the “Consumer Credit Protection Act.” That’s the nickname you probably know it as. But its official title is The Truth in Lending Act (TILA). You can learn more about how it works by clicking here.
- Determining your rescission period is the best way to eliminate your timeshare. We recommend you first locate the Manhattan Club cancellation policy.
- Typically, it’s at the beginning or end of your contract. And prepare to submit a written cancellation letter, too. Most resorts require this for you to proceed with your rescission.
Here’s a helpful tip: buy overnight mail! We discovered many Manhattan Club reviews where owners mention the company declined their late requests. This is relatively common amongst most timeshare developers. Anything after the rescission period automatically disqualifies your right to rescission. So don’t be afraid to spend a couple of extra dollars. It could save you thousands!
Manhattan Club Lawsuit
The Manhattan Club has been the target of several complaints over many years. Most Manhattan Club timeshare lawsuits were the result of numerous complaints. Most of these complaints were filed with the Better Business Bureau, but others made it to the New York Attorney General’s Office. Let’s explore the details below.
- On August 16, 2017, the New York Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman announced a $6.5 million settlement with the Manhattan Club. The terms declare that the company charged owners ridiculous fees, where owners could not book their timeshares.
- Many owners discovered they could not secure a date for their “own” timeshare. The details of the club’s fees were not adequately explained either.
- The settlement requires an immediate ban of the owners from the timeshare industry. It also requires that they renounce their management.
- Resulting in the removal of any sponsored officers and directors from their positions. To learn more about the Manhattan Club Lawsuit, click here.
- Two years later, we discover another Manhattan Club timeshare lawsuit has been filed. This time by a group of over 100 furious timeshare owners.
- Our team found this a unique situation, given its former owner (Bruce Eichner) and current owner (Bluegreen Vacations) were sued for Breach of Contract, Fraud, and RICO.
The lawsuit documents a longstanding connection with misrepresentations and exclusions of facts during many sales. Some of these actions include irrationally high annual maintenance fees and reservation policies that complicate booking vacations. Ultimately, this led to many owners discovering their timeshares have no value. Also, Bluegreen Vacations declined to adjust its policies during the COVID-19 pandemic.
How Can I Sell My Manhattan Club?
Most timeshare owners ask themselves, “How can I sell my Manhattan Club timeshare?” Some wonder if that’s even possible at this point.
Whatever your case, there are options. However, we regret to inform you that selling a timeshare is more challenging than it sounds. Why? Keep scrolling to learn more.
- Dozens of listing and resale companies claim they can sell your timeshare. The issue is most charge a hefty fee upfront. If you search for “Manhattan Club timeshare for sale,” you’ll find tons of bids as low as $1 or sometimes even $0.
- So, if someone sells a Manhattan Club timeshare for $1, why would someone pay full price for yours?
- If you decide to go with resale, you’re better off selling your Manhattan Club timeshare by yourself. We never recommend paying anyone up-front.
- Our team has seen numerous cases where owners were misled into high close-out costs on top of special assessment fees from resale companies. We suggest you contact us first so we can help guide you in the right direction. Don’t get duped into another timeshare scam!
Manhattan Club Cancellation
It’s hard to say how Bluegreen will help owners exit their agreements. We’re sure they’ve had to revise their exit process several times after the lawsuits. Regardless, our team learned they run a point-based timeshare operation for over 200,000 owners with access to 68 resorts and 11,400 other affiliates. If your Manhattan Club timeshare cancellation does not go as planned, selling on any resale market can be an option.
Our team believes hiring the right people is the most legitimate way to cancel a timeshare. Which might include:
- Hiring a reputable timeshare exit company that works directly with timeshare attorneys is the best option to get out of a timeshare.
- You signed a legally binding document. So, the best way to ensure a successful Manhattan Club timeshare cancellation is the legal way. And what’s better than hiring a team of timeshare specialists to work diligently on your case? A group of timeshare specialists that work with experienced timeshare attorneys.
- You should still avoid anyone who tries to charge you up-front without a guarantee. Don’t just rely on attorneys. This does not mean you are entirely safe from an exit scam.
- There are still many scams in the industry, so it’s best to prepare yourself. Our team only recommends exit companies with no up-front fees and offers an escrow payment option to protect you from a timeshare exit scam.
Tips to Hire a Reputable Timeshare Exit Company
Choosing a trustworthy timeshare exit firm is important to help you exit your timeshare contract securely and legally. Here are some simple pointers to get you started.
- Begin by doing an internet search for possible exit firms. Look for prior clients’ reviews, ratings, and feedback.
- Check if the firm is accredited by industry groups such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Request referrals from the organization and learn about prior clients’ experiences.
- Choose a provider with a solid track record and considerable timeshare exit expertise.
- Request a thorough description of their exit strategy, including dates and expenses.
- Be wary of firms who require upfront money. Reputable ones frequently charge based on performance.
- Check that the firm complies with any timeshare exit laws in your country.
- Get all agreements and commitments in writing and thoroughly analyze them before signing.
- Feel free to inquire about their operations, outcomes, and potential concerns.
- Be wary of high-pressure sales techniques. Reputable businesses should give you enough time to make an educated decision.
- Before making any obligations, speak with an attorney specializing in timeshare law.
- Look for businesses with a clear money-back guarantee if they fail to deliver on their claims.
- Keep track of all communications with the exit firm for future reference.
- Consider alternate possibilities if something doesn’t seem right or the organization offers unrealistic claims.
Taking these steps will aid you in locating a reputable timeshare exit firm that can help you leave your timeshare contract ethically and legally.
The Manhattan Club has made itself quite the reputation. And because of this developer’s history, avoid companies that try to overcharge you. Therefore, we recommend contacting your timeshare developer first to see if they will accept it back. If that is unsuccessful, don’t worry; our team can help select the right exit company best for your timeshare situation.
And remember, when dealing with any exit company, never accept the first quote. Try negotiating the price a little! We’ve seen owners save a couple of thousand with this method! And it can never hurt to try. Our review site aims to provide helpful tips for dealing with timeshare developers and give insight into how timeshare exit companies operate. So, what are you waiting for? Fill out the form on the right side of our page, and let’s get started. Or feel free to contact us through Live Chat for a free personalized exit consultation.
Our team will help connect you with a reputable timeshare exit company that will not charge large up-front fees. With hundreds of timeshare scams reported yearly, it is okay to feel cautious and skeptical. There are just too many predator frauds out there. But don’t become another one of their victims. Protect yourself today!