Looking for a way to get out of a Sheraton Vistana timeshare? You’re not the only one. Many people who own a timeshare with Sheraton Vacation Club are fed up.
- From feeling misled to experiencing pressure or not having enough information, many owners want out of their contracts.
- Because of this, they are searching for a way out! Is it possible to get out of a Sheraton Vistana Timeshare? Yes! If you haven’t read through your Sheraton Vistana Timeshare Cancellation Policy, we recommend you do so immediately!
There are, of course, some exceptions, but in general, it takes a lot of work to get out of a Sheraton Vistana timeshare. Usually, the group that owns the Sheraton brand does not allow their members to do this. If you were misled or sold something not beneficial to you or your family, we suggest you immediately initiate a Live Chat or fill out the free informational form on the right. Our team can assess your case and determine the best available option for you to exit your contract.
Sheraton Vacation Club / Vistana Signature Experiences
Vistana Signature Experiences is a subsidiary of Marriott Vacations Worldwide. The company vacation club operator under the Westin and Sheraton brands.
- The Sheraton chain is known to offer excellent customer service and hospitality with its family-friendly environment.
- The club began in 1980 with the introduction of vacation ownership sales. The first timeshare property was located in Orlando, Florida.
- The location was advantageous due to its proximity to Disney.
- Raymond “Rip” Gellein Jr. and Jeffrey Adler were two Chicago bankers who would be the ones to expand the company.
- Raymond eventually became CEO, and Jeffery became his executive vice president.
- They had a couple of different marketing strategies for their timeshare.
- But the idea that took the organisation to new lengths was hosting a PGA-branded championship golf tournament in 1996.
Vistana World Golf Village was created. The resort provided guests exclusive access to a Golf Hall of Fame and PGA Tour Golf Academy located in St. Augustine, Florida. The golfing community now had a resort full of attractions they could visit. All it would cost was a purchase of a vacation package Vistana offered.
- Vistana next made a public offer to the New York Stock Exchange in 1997. Resorts Worldwide and Starwood Hotels purchased Vistana for $400 million two years later.
- Raymond Gellien remained the company’s director until he retired in 2008. At that time, Vistana’s timeshare sector was worth $1 billion.
- The Sheraton Vacation Club released the Sheraton Flex program in 2014. This was their point-based timeshare network for owners who wanted to exchange vacation points.
- And as the company continued to succeed, an industry competitor turned its attention toward Vistana.
- Two years later, it was all it took for Interval Leisure Group (ILG) to purchase Vistana from Starwood. 2016 was such an enormous transition for Vistana.
- This merger partnered them with companies like the Sheraton, Westin, and Hyatt brands.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide purchased Interval Leisure Group in 2018 for $4.7 billion. This made Marriott the biggest luxury timeshare resort brand, becoming Sheraton Vacation Club’s /Vistana Signature Experiences’ new parent company.
Sheraton Vistana Timeshare Cancellation Policy
The Sheraton Vistana Cancellation policy may seem unchangeable, but this is only sometimes the case.
- Rescission laws allow you to cancel your contract typically a few days after your purchase.
- A typical rescission period lasts 3-10 days. But sometimes, it takes 30 days, depending on where you purchased it.
- If you have purchased your timeshare in that time frame, we suggest you contact Vistana Signature Experiences immediately to see what your rescission period is on your contract.
Typically, timeshare developers require you to submit a written cancellation letter by mail. If you still qualify, we recommend you send everything in immediately! Any documents submitted past your deadline will automatically disqualify you. This is why we suggest you purchase overnight mail. Those few extra dollars are worth it. We recommend you read your contract and look for the Vistana Timeshare Cancellation Policy. This is typically located at the beginning or end of your contract. Click here to learn more about rescission.
Vistana Signature Experiences has quite the collection with timeshares in the US, Mexico, and the Caribbean. But how much did the company pay for this ring of vacation destinations?
- Our team has read many online reviews of Vistana timeshare owners who are upset with the company.
- Many mention how they signed up for their timeshares with the wrong impression.
- Others were promised many things that did not turn out to be true. This is the reality of the timeshare industry.
- If your head is not on a swivel, you could be signing up for something you wish you hadn’t.
Vistana has had multiple complaints on platforms like the Better Business Bureau. The good news is that Sheraton Vistana is under the Marriott, so you can always call them and mention what’s happening. But there is no guarantee they will be able to help. They might only help owners who have a timeshare with Marriott Bonvoy. You must meet specific requirements first to qualify for Marriott’s buy-back program. Contact us through Live Chat or fill out the form on the right side of the page to learn more.
Can I Sell My Sheraton Vistana Timeshare?
If you missed your opportunity to rescind, you’re probably thinking, “Can I sell my Sheraton Vistana timeshare?” Well, we believe you should know a couple of things first.
- The problem with selling is that everyone thinks their timeshares are worth thousands. We hate to break it to you.
- If someone told you your timeshare was a “good investment,” they lied.
- Almost every timeshare depreciates immediately once purchased.
- Like cars, if not worse, we’ve seen timeshares drop by more than half their original value. This has led many timeshare owners down the wrong road.
- Because of the lack of timeshare resale value, many owners have gone years without finding a buyer.
- Not only are they paying their ongoing maintenance fees, but They’ve added resale fees for listing their timeshares for sale.
This has caused what we know as “timeshare resale scams.” These scammers have fed owners lies with “buyers” that are “ready now” to purchase their timeshare—all this in exchange for listing fees on their website. We can’t say this enough. Never pay anyone up-front fees. To learn more about timeshare resale scams, click here.
Sheraton Vistana Timeshare Cancellation
Selling a Sheraton Vistana timeshare can be challenging. And we understand your rescission period is such a time-sensitive task. Anyone could miss it if no one explained this to you! So, what’s next?
Some legal experts specialise in helping people get out of timeshare contracts.
- These professionals can provide the advice and assistance you need to get out of your contract, even if it is particularly difficult, such as that of the Sheraton Vistana Resort.
- The alternative to using these legal experts is to spend countless hours figuring out how to get out of your contract.
- Do you want to do that? Probably not. Instead, hire a legal expert to get you out of your timeshare contract promptly.
- It can make a world of difference. Sometimes, timeshare owners realise this isn’t the best choice for them, either because of pressure, misinformation, or a lack of understanding about the product.
- They want to get out of their commitment just like you do. But you’re stuck in an agreement with a company that has raised fees on you yearly.
- There are many “free” services available for you to use to remove your timeshare.
- But how do you know you are getting good advice and not the wrong information? Especially if it’s from a company that wants to charge you a fee for the work.
- If you want to cancel your Sheraton Vistana timeshare contract, we always say the best way is to use a timeshare cancellation service.
- These services will assist you in removing your timeshare from your name and ensure the end of all your maintenance fees.
Legitimate timeshare exit companies typically offer an escrow payment option and work alongside attorneys who look for misrepresentations in your agreement. There are many scam companies out there that will try to take advantage of you and charge you for this service. The last thing you want to do is pay for a service that does not provide you with any results.
Be sure to find a company to work with to cancel your timeshare without paying up-front fees. The FTC and the BBB have warned all timeshare owners against paying up-front to exit their contracts. We recommend companies that offer an escrow payment option because this eliminates all upfront fees paid directly to the exit company. Doing this removes all the risk of becoming a victim of a timeshare exit scam. Learn more about why escrow is important by clicking here.
Sheraton Vistana timeshares are not beneficial. With ridiculously high-interest rates, we realised timeshares are not the asset these sales reps claim them to be. We understand the struggle to pay yearly maintenance fees that never end. And a Sheraton Vistana timeshare is no exception.
- We started this review site to show how timeshare developers and exit companies work. When it comes to the timeshare industry, unfortunately, you have to prepare for the worst.
- Too many scams are reported every year. This is why we only recommend timeshare exit companies that have no up-front fees and offer an escrow payment option so you stay protected.
Read over our website, fill out the form on the right, or contact us through Live Chat for a free personalised exit consultation. Our team will help connect you with a timeshare exit company with no up-front fees until your timeshare contract is cancelled. There are hundreds of timeshare scams every year. Protect yourself from becoming another victim!