Did your show with Festiva Adventure Club change into financial ruin for you and your family? Have you been an overcomer of misleading, high-pressure sales strategies? Did Festiva Resorts give you only some of what they ensured?
Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place! Consistently, numerous timeshare owners like you need out of their timeshares. Whether or not you owe cash or are behind on your upkeep costs, realise you have choices!
Getting rid of a timeshare can become a nightmare if you’re not cautious. Unfortunately, the truth behind the timeshare industry is that it’s full of scams! So, who do you trust? The good news is that our team has compiled this article with several helpful tips on how to get rid of Festiva timeshare. So, what are you waiting for? Take action now! Fill out the form on the right or initiate a Live Chat with us to help you find the right solution for your timeshare situation.
Festiva Adventure Club
Festiva Adventure Club is a team emphasising timeshare development with 21 locations across the United States and the Caribbean. Festiva has over 100,000 timeshare members and owners, many wishing to drop their agreements.
- Zealandia Capital is a consumer debt collection agency that owns Festiva. Zealandia has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau. They additionally have a 1/5-star rating because of a few grievances and negative reviews.
- Like numerous other timeshare associations, they require different costs and a drawn-out responsibility.
- This may not be a need for you and your family as the years pass. There are various reasons that owners may need to look for other options. Along these lines, we are here to uncover how to safely trade or leave your Festiva timeshare at a little cost.
Class Action Lawsuit Against Festiva Resorts
The State of Maine recorded a case against Zealandia Capital (Festiva), stating how owners filed complaints clearly to Festiva that they got less time off when they switched to the point system. Festiva reacted by saying that they had to buy more points.
- In 2016, the Tennessee Attorney General sued and won a 3-million-dollar settlement against Festiva for assumed infringement of the Tennessee Consumer Protection Act.
- Also, in 2016, Six owners won their $400,000 lawsuit against Festiva, asserting they didn’t get the product they were told they would.
Festiva Adventure Club Timeshare Cancellation
If you recently signed up for a Festiva timeshare, you lawfully reserve the option to cancel your agreement. A standard rescission period can go up to 14 days or as little as 3 days. Everything depends upon where you bought your timeshare in. If you qualify, you can cancel and get a full refund.
- The rescission period applies to all timeshare owners under the “Customer Credit Protection Act.” Also known as the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), the rescission time frame is the “cooling period” where you can, in any case, cancel.
- So what’s vital here is first determining your rescission period. Normally, it’s toward the start or end of your agreement.
- Note most resorts expect you to present a written cancellation letter. Others do permit you to submit face-to-face.
- If your solitary choice is mail, we suggest buying expedited shipping. We’ve seen many reviews where owners notice their developer has declined their late cancellation requests.
- This is moderately normal since anything after the rescission time frame disqualifies you from cancelling. So don’t be reluctant to put several additional dollars in your mail. It could save you thousands! Click here to learn more about rescission and rescission letters.
Festiva Timeshare Resale
If you’re keen on reselling your Festiva timeshare, we recommend you contact them first to determine if you’re eligible for resale.
- Reading through their website, there are no sources to inform you how to get rid of Festiva timeshare through them. This is why we suggest contacting them either by phone or email. They will presumably use redirection tactics or may even pressure you into upgrading!
- Their club points can be exchanged with various hotels. However, this will extend the resale process.
- They will, in like manner, offer you other potential portion plans or increment your current credit. Regardless, various options are open if you are keen on selling your timeshare.
- Timeshare developers will sometimes work with you to meet your timeshare exit needs. However, they will usually charge you fees and make you go through many steps in a lengthy process.
- Investigating the resale market can take a lot of work to move. If you don’t keep an eye out, you could turn into another resale victim. If you have a credit or still owe a balance, your timeshare will be recorded as “encumbered.”
- This infers your timeshare will be confined from being sold. Another obstacle you’ll face in the resale market is discovering a purchaser! In truth, most timeshares depreciate rapidly once purchased, and Festiva timeshares are no exception.
You could list your timeshare without assistance from any other individual on the web. Nonetheless, avoid anyone who tries to charge high up-front expenses. Believe it or not, it’s incredibly easy to get tricked into a resale scam where they paint you this picture that your timeshare will be listed on a “world-class” platform.
Still think we’re lying? Look at “Festiva timeshares for sale” on eBay.com or craigslist.com. You’ll see many offers are recorded as low as $1. This is an impression of the number of timeshare owners who are frantic about selling them. Additionally, who could fault them? Having a timeshare can truly transform into a burden.
How to Get Rid of a Festiva Timeshare
So selling a Festiva timeshare was a mistake, and you missed your rescission period, right? The good news is we’ve kept down something unique for last!
- Right when anyone asks our team, “What’s the best way to deal with escaping a timeshare contract?” We, for the most part, answer “legitimately.”
- We recommend you enlist a timeshare exit organisation that works with attorneys.
- Good timeshare exit companies customarily will work with nearby attorneys on your case to look for any misrepresentations or loopholes in your understanding. It is common for them to ask you different questions about how you were treated at the presentation!
- You must hire an organisation without immediate costs and offer an escrow instalment choice.
- That way, you stay protected against a potential timeshare exit scam. The FTC and the BBB have forewarned timeshare owners against paying up-front to exit their contracts.
That is why we propose associations that offer escrow since this kills all forthcoming costs paid directly to the exit organisation. Doing this eliminates the risk of becoming a timeshare exit scam casualty. Besides, you consider the exit organisation liable for completing the services they ensured with an escrow option. To become familiar with why escrow is essential, click here.
If you still need to take advantage of your opportunity to rescind, your next step should be contacting the Festiva Adventure Club. This is so you can determine if you qualify for their exit services. If it doesn’t work out, your next best option is to hire a legitimate timeshare exit company to help you eliminate Festiva timeshare.
Cancelling a timeshare can be very challenging since the contracts that are signed are quite difficult to cancel without penalty and long administrative processes.
- Before cancelling a timeshare, these basic factors must be considered: the date of purchase, the cancellation period, the amount paid, and the hotel where the purchase is made.
- The cancellation date is vital because it can be cancelled without penalty during that termination period.
- The cancellation period will depend on each hotel; sometimes you have 3 days, others up to 5 days to cancel the contract, so it will always depend on the location where the purchase was made, as each state and location has different laws for rescission period.
To exit a timeshare successfully, you will need to hire a reliable timeshare exit company. Sign up with us, and we will help you to the best of our ability. At Timeshare Exit Advice, we protect you from being scammed by recommending only trusted timeshare exit companies based on genuine reviews by their consumer base. Sign up today and explore the reliable timeshare exit companies near you.
We started this review site to increase your awareness when dealing with timeshare developers and timeshare exit companies. Our team only recommends working with timeshare exit companies that offer a no up-front fee escrow payment option and use attorneys to assist with your timeshare cancellation. Over time, your timeshare contract can start to become a burden.
Read over our website, fill out the form on the right, or initiate a Live Chat with us for a free personalised exit consultation. Our team will help connect you with a timeshare exit company with no up-front fees until your timeshare contract is cancelled. There are hundreds of timeshare scams every year. Protect yourself from becoming another victim! Click here to begin. And learn how you can cancel Hilton Grand Vacations.