Tahoe Ridge Resort Timeshare
Timeshare is an agreement where multiple individuals collectively buy the rights to a vacation property for a specific period.
- The interest rates on Timeshare are 11-22%, so the mortgage will become 3x the amount you will pay at the start.
- It can be difficult to resell the property as the supply of these Timeshare properties exceeds the demand in the market, so they are often resold at a loss. In some cases, the value of the property declines, which will also lead to loss.
- Contractors in this field have been reported as being dishonest with the customers as people were not properly told about the contract’s costs and other important clauses.
Tahoe Ridge Resort is located in Stateline, Nevada, United States. The resort is 7,500 feet above Lake Tahoe, with beautiful views of the Sierra.
- Stateline is famous for its Lake Tahoe, as it has some of the best entertainment at the lake. The resort is famous because of how near it is to the lake.
- Most people who enjoy vacations at sea, lakes, oceans, or other water bodies tend to spend their vacations at Tahoe Ridge Resort Timeshare.
- Their timeshares are points-based.
- Posts-based timeshares are the properties that require points if you want to enjoy their amenities to their fullest.
- With the increasing annual mortgage and maintenance fee, you will have to pay for the membership as well if you want to enjoy a luxurious vacation.
Here are a few reviews from Tahoe Ridge Resort’s previous customers;
- This listing is for a place at the Ridge. We have stayed there before. It’s a timeshare. But the owner tried to send us to a downtown Reno rental, and when I commented that this was not what I rented, we were informed the morning that we were going to be sent to another (3rd) place. So, basically, this owner isn’t really an owner of what you see listed here. I wasn’t offered any discount or any other form of compensation for being sent across town at the last minute and having to scramble to change other vacation plans that we made around the original location I thought we were staying at. I had to call the owner hours before our departure.
- Being afraid that our vacation would be ruined and that this owner might cancel our whole reservation, I accepted the change in location, understanding I’d receive some type of accommodation/discount. I called VRBO, and they confirmed that listing a property not actually in an owner’s possession is misrepresentation and against their policy, and they suggested I contact the owner again. I was reluctant to do this during our vacation for fear of retribution, but did it anyway. The owner replied and said they had offered to refund my money (which they did not) and said they wouldn’t refund me anything, nor would they rent to me again. Don’t worry, I wouldn’t rent from them again either. I contacted VRBO again and asked them to communicate with/ the owner. A discount is the least they could do. No word back.
- You can read more reviews at Expedia or TripAdvisor.
Timeshare Cancellation Policy
‘Rescission period’ can help you get out of your timeshare contract if the property was recently bought. The rescission period is a specific time limit mentioned by the developer in your contract.
- The time limit may vary from location to location, but it usually lasts 3 to 10 days. In this period, you can cancel your timeshare contract without penalty, or you might have to bear a small loss, which solely depends on the policies of the property you have purchased.
- Suppose you feel like the property may decline in value in the future, or you think it is more expensive than it should be. In that case, you should look into the mentioned rescission period and return the property to the developer.
- Cancelling your contract within the rescission period requires you to write a formal letter to the timeshare company, which can be sent through any social platform so that there is proof of delivery.
- The letter requires a few basic things like your name, contact details, rescission period, cancellation request, signature, contract copy or other relevant documents, etc.
If you do not know how to interpret your contract or the rescission period has ended, we recommend you seek legal advice by consulting an attorney.
- A legal advisor will look into your contract and tell you about all the potential benefits and drawbacks of cancelling your contract.
- If your rescission period is ongoing, your attorney will provide all the measures you should take to cancel the contract. They will also help you with the written letter to make sure that the letter meets all the legal requirements.
- If the recessive period has passed, your attorney will guide you about the policies mentioned in the contract for the cancellation process and get you through the process if you are still willing to.
Please visit our website for more information regarding timeshare contracts and cancellation policies. You can also contact us for a free consultation session through Live Chat. Our team can help you find legitimate exit companies that offer escrow, so you won’t have to pay any up-front fees. Knowing the policies and your legal rights is important so you can escape your timeshare contracts.
Timeshare properties can be sold through resale companies, online resale websites, buyback programs, etc.
- There are certified companies that help you sell your property. These companies already have potential buyers to buy your property; they can help you negotiate and market it.
- Online platforms like eBay, Craigslist, RedWeek, and Timeshare Users Group (TUG) can help you resell your timeshare. You can find people willing to buy the property by listing your timeshare on these platforms.
- Buyback programs are when the contractor who sold you the property is willing to buy it back from you. However, these programs have different types of limitations and rules, which may cause a financial loss.
Even if these resale options do not work out for you, you can try to resale the property within your friend circle or family. If no one is willing to buy the timeshare, the last option is to rent it out to someone, which will at least cover the primary expenses like the mortgage.
- Remember that some timeshare companies do not allow owners to rent their property.
- Contact the developer and confirm that renting out the timeshare is permitted, then proceed.
- If you want to know how to rent out your timeshare, read the following article: How To Rent Your Timeshare.
- To know more about the process and step-by-step guidance, contact us so our team can help you figure it out.
Timeshare Exit Companies:
Exit companies help people to get out of their timeshare contracts. They can help you terminate or transfer your timeshare ownership. These companies have gained recognition in recent years as many people are bearing losses or have been scammed recently by timeshare contractors.
- These companies can help you cancel your contract by using legal clauses mentioned in your contract, which you may have missed.
- They can also resale your property by promoting it on their websites and presenting it in the market. It is easier for them to resale the property as they already have connections in the market, which makes the resale procedures easier for you.
- They can also help you donate the property to charity. Most people buy timeshares as an investment, so there may be other options for them, but people willing to donate it can seek help from the exit companies.
These are the most common benefits exit companies can provide you if you want to get rid of your timeshare contracts. However, checking and researching thoroughly before approaching any exit company is crucial, as frauds and scams are common in these scenarios.
Furthermore, there are exit companies that offer a 100% money-back guarantee. If you have experience in the timeshare industry and know the ins and outs of exit companies, you can approach these exit companies. If a company has positive business practices and has been in business for over 5+ years with positive ratings, it makes sense to go the cheaper route with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Common Timeshare Scams
Scams surround the timeshare industry. These scams start from the very first day you sign the contract.
- The developer will tell you all kinds of lies when you go to their timeshare meeting.
- It is only possible to escape that meeting by buying their timeshare.
- They will lure you into buying a timeshare, and the hidden expenses appear right after you sign that contract.
- Developers often hide many timeshare expenses and important details about the annual increment of the mortgage and other additional timeshare expenses.
Until you realise you have already wasted a ton of your money on the timeshare. But since you have realised that you are wasting your money, you decide to get rid of the property. This will be where the exit company and rental scams take over.
- Exit companies will ask you for up-front fees, and as soon as you pay them, you vanish into thin air.
- They will promise you that they will get your 100% money back, but, in the end, you have wasted more money and have fallen into their scam.
- This is why we recommend you work with companies that do not ask you for any up-front fees and offer escrow.
- Escrow is the third part that will hold your payment till the exit companies successfully sell your property.
- This option might be expensive, but the peace of mind it brings is worth all the money.
- In the same way, rental companies can scam you as well. They will promise to promote your property on their website and find potential renters.
- But in the end, they will disappear with your money.
Research is crucial before approaching any timeshare company. Be it an exit, rental, resale or any other company, if you want to save yourself from getting scammed, research is the initial step. If you need more time on your hands, our team can help you find reputable timeshare exit companies. Our website helps people find legitimate exit companies, and we can also review the company you have chosen yourself. All you need to do is contact us; we will do all the work afterwards.
The cancellation process of Tahoe Ridge Resort Timeshare can be complicated and hard to understand. If you’re still unsure which route you want to take, don’t worry. There are plenty of companies that specialise in timeshare exit plans. With little research and the right guidance, you can find a reliable timeshare exit company in no time. And we can help! Just call our timeshare exit specialists, and they will be happy to assist you in finding the perfect solution. Call us now at 1-949-514-6355 to discuss your options with one of our representatives.
Our team of highly skilled and knowledgeable professionals will provide you with all the information you need to decide how best to suit your needs. Don’t wait until it’s too late! Timeshares can be stressful mentally and financially if you don’t act soon. With inflating maintenance fees and high-interest mortgages, your timeshare can get ugly.
Timeshare companies will make sure you pay more and more money to avail yourself of their amenities, but be aware of their tactics; start working on eliminating your timeshare contract today. To exit a timeshare successfully, you will need to hire a reliable timeshare exit company. Sign up with us, and we will help you to the best of our ability. At Timeshare Exit Advice, we protect you from being scammed by recommending only trusted timeshare exit companies based on genuine reviews by their consumer base.